Article provided by: APC Roofing Services
Most roofs are made to last for at least 20 years. However, many have to be replaced prematurely because of common damages. APC Roofing Experts is a full-service roofing company that provides roof repair in Baltimore MD, to ensure that roofs remain functional for as long as they’re supposed to. We also offer excellent installation services and products to meet your needs. Our experts have the proper tools and adequate knowledge to guarantee a flawless installation.
What Damages Roofs?
Although roofing systems are made to last, they can still be damaged. Any of the following can damage roofs:
- Age – Each roof comes with a lifespan, ranging between 20-150 years for different materials. When your roof nears the end of its guaranteed lifespan, it becomes weak, loses its qualities, and therefore becomes inefficient. The best option when this happens is to have it replaced with a new roof.
- Extreme Weather – Extreme temperatures, hailstorms, wildfires, and strong winds can all cause damage to a roof. Excess heat or cold can lead to deterioration of the roofing material gradually over a period of time, while winds and fire can cause immediate and extensive damage.
- Poor Installation – If flashing, roof sealants, and underlayment are not used, your roof is bound to develop structural issues soon after installation. Poor overlapping of shingles can also cause issues such as leaking.
Signs of A Damaged Roof
The following signs can alert you of a damaged roof that needs repair:
- Leaking Roof – If water is leaking through your roof, that’s an obvious sign that there’s something wrong, such as missing or cracked shingles.
- Sagging Roofing – A sagging roof is an indication that the supporting rafters beneath it are giving in, which can eventually cause the roof to fall in.
What are the Disadvantages of A Damaged Roof?
These are some of the disadvantages of having a damaged roof:
- Lowers Property Value – If you intend to sell your house, potential buyers will become disinterested at the sight of a damaged roof. Alternatively, the buyers may offer to buy your home at a price that’s way below its true value.
- Interior Weather Damage – A damaged roof will let in moisture that damages walls, ceilings, and furniture.
- Energy Inefficiency – If your roof has cracks and openings, both heat and cold will get into your house. This will cause your heating and cooling systems to overwork as they try to regulate the temperature indoors. In the end, you’ll have an inflated energy bill.
Lack of repair of small issues such as missing shingles, a leak, or peeled painting can lead to severe damage that may cost you a lot in roof repair or replacement. The professionals at APC Roofing Experts advise you to seek repairs as soon as you notice any problem with your roof to avoid these inconveniences.
Roofing Experts at Your Service
It’s one thing to have a roof over your head, but it is another if your roof isn’t offering you the protection and security you need. Roofs deteriorate with time because of the weather and other factors. So, if you need roof repair in Baltimore MD, our roofing experts are here to help you. Call us on +1 301 357 8275 for a free estimate.Roof Repair Baltimore Md
View Larger Map